26.2.06

The Holy Rosary



This rosary was given to me for my First Communion by my God parents. For one reason or another it serves as my longest gift still in use and travels with me everywhere I go.



HOW TO PRAY THE ROSARY

+ On the cross: The Apostles' Creed.
O On the single bead: The Our Father.
o On the three beads: The Hail Mary on each one.
o
o On the last of the The Glory be to the Father
three beads: after the Hail Mary


Repeat the following steps for each decade (mystery):

O On the single beads: Announce the mystery.
Read the meditation.
Say the Our Father.
o On the ten beads: Hail Mary on each one
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o On the last of the ten beads: Glory be to the Father
after the Hail Mary.

The Salve Regina (Hail Holy Queen) is said after the last decade (mystery).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt saddened that this post had zero comments...by the way, where the hell are you now (note: irony of rosary post and typing hell noted and non-intentional)

6/02/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home